Next Gen Committee Minutes 9.19.18
Next Gen Committee Meeting = FCAA’s HYPE TEAM
First Coast Apartment Association
September 19, 2018
Grow attendance/participation | Create a Next Gen Event | Implement a mentorship program
NEW Mission Statement: “Next Gen promotes the engagement of future industry leaders through professional connections, volunteering, and educational opportunities”
Everyone please take a moment to sign the sign-in sheet.
We will go around and everyone can introduce themselves.
- Sponsor a candidate for education (Cam, Lyecum, NALP, CAMT, etc)
- Candidate Qualifies By:
- Committee Attendance, volunteering at events, Recruitment, reference letter
- Approve Scoring Sheet – create scoring point system
- Open up applications?
- Application deadline:
- Next Gen Event
- Networking? Yes!
- Support a charity? Yes! Ronald McDonald House – we will have a donation jar at the event for Ronald McDonald specifically – Held as a Raffle with three gift baskets (s,m,l) $2 raffle ticket
- Open to everyone – Hosted by Next Gen – Yes!
- Price point: $25
- Venue: Veterans Craft Brewery
- Food Truck: Taylor Tacos.
- Promo flyer went out with food drive flyer
- November 20th – 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Need food truck sponsor = $300
- Drink Sponsor = $300 – Skinner Waste Solutions
- Event – Marketing Plan
- Send marketing emails twice a week
- Make it a Facebook event
- Market through Facebook/Social Media by posting once a week
- Flyer went out with Canned Food Drive blitz – ALL membership 9.10.18
- Other marketing suggestions? Videos?
- Mentorship Program
- Brainstorming – Buddy Program – exchange numbers
- Sounding board – email buddy –
- There is a communication thread on the next gen page where you can find numbers and leave yours.
- Lunch n Learn with Panel of season professionals – needs discussion
Event: Looked over application/score sheet, set scores and make small changes and suggestions for application. Application process will open up on Nov 1 and close Dec 14th. Jan we will make the announcement for the winner! Narrowed down raffles prizes for Ronald McDonald raffle/donations - $25(Fort), $100 (CORT), and $25 (ZRS). Tickets for the event will be available Monday, 8th – be sure to spread the word at FAA and Oktoberfest! Marketing: Do lots of videos (scholarship/funny/corny/basket post). Mentorship program: Needs more discussion – parking lotted for now.