Copy That: Creating Emails That Tell Your Story and Drive Prospect Action
Email isn't sexy, but it's one of the few items in our leasing toolbox that has remained consistent over the years. And, when managed creatively and effectively, it can exponentially drive more appointments and close more leases at an incredibly low marketing cost. But given the average renter receives 121 emails every day, how can you stand out in their inbox and in the marketplace? By challenging the status quo.
Instead of using the same copy+paste template that's been circulating for years, we'll review the approach today's most effective salespeople use to write compelling copy (bonus: it's not time consuming, either). Learn (and see!) the hacks that will turn ghostings into showings. We'll cover greetings, closings and details that will help you actually earn a prospect conversation. Watch as we markup standard multifamily email copy examples, turning them into more substantial messaging that sparks curiosity - and a response.
When you do something a little different, you can dramatically change the outcome - for the better!
- Learn about 3 "value adds" you can add to your email messages to make them more valuable to your prospect (and more likely to be opened and read!)
- Discover the one thing you should never say in an email (to keep from getting ghosted)
- Return to your leasing office with a list of words and phrases to start immediately incorporating into your leasing email communications, plus a list of questions to ask at the close of every email
- Identify clever subject lines, "words that sell", calls to action (that get prospects taking action) and phrases to incorporate into your messages for maximum impact
- How to add your own personality to every email you send and stop using self-sabotaging phrases
BONUS: All attendees will receive a one-page ""anatomy of an email"" guide to keep on their desks for easy reference
About Kristi Fickert:
Kristi Fickert is the Vice President of Enterprise Growth at Realync, where she helps marketers amplify their brand through video and virtual experiences. She has held roles in leasing, training, recruitment, sales and marketing. Kristi has a knack for applying innovative technology to multifamily marketing, without losing the personal touch that the industry was built upon. She has a proven background in employee development and has mentored hundreds of associates to success. She instructs for apartment associations across the country, has presented for Multifamily Insiders, the Apartment Innovation and Marketing Conference, NAA, Urban Land Institute and Commercial Real Estate Women. In addition, she has been featured in Units Magazine and is an elected City Councilwoman in her hometown of Wilmington, Ohio