Next Gen Committee Minutes 2.19.2019
Next Gen Committee Meeting = FCAA’s HYPE TEAM
First Coast Apartment Association
February 19, 2019
Grow attendance/participation | Create a Next Gen Event | Implement a mentorship program
NEW Mission Statement: “Next Gen promotes the engagement of future industry leaders through professional connections, volunteering, and educational opportunities”
Everyone please take a moment to sign the sign-in sheet.
We will go around and everyone can introduce themselves.
Guest Mentor Speaker: Ken Hilbert – Sherwin Williams
- What is your background?
- How did you get into the industry?
- How have you used FCAA to better your career?
- If you had a mentor, what have they done to help your career?
- If you could give any advice for someone starting out in the apartment industry, what would it be?
- What would you say to someone wanting to make the next big step in their career?
NextGen Happy Hour
INCOME EXPENSES NET
- 2019 Event
- Apartment Day -
- We can pick our own date this year – Tuesday, June 25th ??
- “Let’s Taco about Apartment Day” – Duplicate Thankful Taco Tuesday (same venue – Veterans Brewery, same food truck – Taylor Tacos)
- Do another raffle, but use the funds for the scholarship.
- Funds of event and raffle to go towards scholarship
- CAS OR NALP
- 2019 CAS Dates:
- 2020 NALP Dates:
- Application Created
- Rubrics Created
- Open applications?
- Close applications?
- Mentorship Program
- There is a communication thread on the next gen page where you can find numbers and leave yours.
- Lunch n Learn with Panel of season professionals – needs discussion
- What date?
- Topic? “Tricks of the Trade”
- How many panel members? 4 total – 2 communities – 2 suppliers
- Who will be our targeted panel members?
- Introduce a quarterly education series similar to our new maintenance breakfast
- Future meeting dates needing guest mentor:
- 6/18 Kellie Jackson?
- 10/15 Kellie Jackson?
30 minute shifts
- March Lunch Meeting registration – March 21st
- Trade Show – Registration, drink tickets, membership booth – April 11th
- Business Exchange – Date & more details coming soon
- Grow attendance participation
- Create a Next Gen Event
- Implement a mentorship program
- Successful Scholarship Execution
- Continue to Develop Mentorship Program
- More Volunteer Participation
Minutes: Gist of Ken’s speaking: Be successful & exceptionally good at what you do now and be happy! | Chair of Taco Tuesday – Catherine, Co-chair: Cole Dew | Open apps: June 25th, Close: Sep 2nd, Announce Oct 1st | Lunch n Learn Panel will have 2 poll voting options on FB | Carey Dougherty to speak at next meeting 4/16 | Trade Show volunteer opportunities are available on the website.