Next Gen Committee Minutes 12.2018
Next Gen Committee Meeting = FCAA’s HYPE TEAM
First Coast Apartment Association
December 18, 2018
Grow attendance/participation | Create a Next Gen Event | Implement a mentorship program
NEW Mission Statement: “Next Gen promotes the engagement of future industry leaders through professional connections, volunteering, and educational opportunities”
Everyone please take a moment to sign the sign-in sheet.
We will go around and everyone can introduce themselves.
- Sponsor a candidate for education (Cam, Lyecum, NALP, CAMT, etc)
- 0 applications
- We can continue to earn money for this idea. We already have the application and judging rubric created, we just need to raise the $$$$.
- Apartment Day?
- Any other ideas on how to raise the funds?
- Next Gen Event – Thankful Taco Tuesday
- Ronald McDonald House donation. Donating $100.– Thank you to all of those who bought the raffle prizes!
- Open to everyone – needed to make this message more clear… some non-next genners thought they couldn’t come
- Price point: $25
- Venue: Veterans Craft Brewery
- Food Truck: Taylor Tacos – Great feedback!
- Promo flyer went out with food drive flyer
- November 20th – 6:00pm – 9:00pm – The date affected our attendance…
- Attendance: 33 – Goal: 50 – Down by 17
INCOME EXPENSES NET
NextGen Happy Hour
- 2019 Event
- Apartment Day?
- We can pick our own date this year…
- Scholarship $$?
- Do another raffle, but use the funds for the scholarship vs a charity.
- Mentorship Program
- Brainstorming – Buddy Program – exchange numbers
- Sounding board – email buddy –
- There is a communication thread on the next gen page where you can find numbers and leave yours.
- Lunch n Learn with Panel of season professionals – needs discussion
- What date?
- How many panel members?
- Who will be our targeted panel members?
- Reviewing 2018 and forecasting 2019
- Grow attendance participation
- Create a Next Gen Event
- Implement a mentorship program
Thank you all for everything that you do to make this
committee continue to grow and strive!
We can’t wait for 2019 with you all!